Are you looking for a good alternative to Spotify? Then you absolutely have to find out how Amazon Music Unlimited works and know the costs and benefits.
Music Unlimited launched by Amazon, the online shopping giant, is an audio streaming service with fifty million songs and is ready to challenge not only Spotify, but also Google and Apple.
How Amazon Music Unlimited Works
The Amazon Music Unlimited service offers significant benefits to those who are subscribed to Amazon Prime. Prime subscribers can access its catalog and listen to a maximum of 40 hours per month. By subscribing to the service, on the other hand, you can listen without limits to a catalog consisting of about 50 million songs. Listening can take place both from the Web, on a PC, through the appropriate software and finally from Android and iOS mobile devices.
You can listen to your favorite singers or bands, discover new ones and accept Amazon's suggestions. There is also no shortage of customized stations and dedicated playlists. Having said that, let's see in the next paragraphs how Amazon Music Unlimited works.
How to activate Amazon Music Unlimited
To subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited, you must first have an Amazon account. Then subscribing to Prime, as already mentioned at the beginning of the article, allows you to obtain significant advantages in terms of prices.
If you are not subscribed to Prime you can take a look at this article: How Amazon Prime works: costs and advantages.
If you have already activated Amazon Prime, go to the Amazon Music Unlimited Home and press the button subscribe now. Log in, if required, and choose the type of subscription that interests you most.
Quanto costa Amazon Music Unlimited
On Amazon Music Unlimited, you can subscribe to different types of subscriptions.
- Individual subscription: by signing up you can take advantage of the limited time offer of 0,99 euros per month for 4 months. At the end of the 4 months the payment will become 9,99 euros per month.
- Family subscription: by registering you can activate up to 6 family accounts at the total price of 14,99 euros per month.
- Individual annual subscription: by registering you will pay 99 euros per year with savings of up to 17%.
- Annual Family Pass: by registering you will pay 149 euros per year with an extension of up to 6 accounts.
In all cases, except for the monthly individual subscription, you can enjoy 30 days of free use of the service to test its characteristics and confirm at the end of the trial period.
After choosing a subscription plan, click on the button Sign up, it's free for 30 days. Pay later and then on the button Ascolta now. Of course, you can unsubscribe at any time and after the trial period you are not obliged to renew.
If you are a subscriber to Amazon Prime you can use for free Amazon Prime Music, a so-called "and "light", too”By Amazon Music Unlimited. you can listen to about 2 million songs and download them to portable devices without advertisements but with a listening limit of 40 hours per month. After this hour you will have to activate a subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited or wait until the first of the following month.
Come si usa Amazon Music Unlimited
Using Amazon Music Unlimited is super easy. By accessing the service, several sections are visible:
- The left sidebar presents quick links to the Home, songs, radios, recommended artists and playlists. You will also find the link to access the store, to import music from your PC and to access settings.
- The top bar presents search bar to locate songs, artists, radio stations or playlists, and the player with commands to start, stop or forward or backward the various songs. Then there is the command for manage the volume.
- The central area presents the news of the moment, the radios, the most listened to artists and the added and most listened to playlists.
To listen to a playlist or an album you have to click on the cover image and then on the button Play, up. Doing so will play the contents in the order they are set. For the Shuffle Playback, instead you can click on the button located in the toolbar at the top.
To play an entire album and single songs you can add them to your music by clicking on the link Add to Music, located at the top, or by clicking on the button with the three dots vertically, and then on the track or disc name. To play a single song or track on a disc, you need to click on its preview.
How to listen to Amazon Music Unlimited offline
Whether you use Amazon Music Unlimited on mobile or use it on the web version, you won't find major changes. The only variation to report is the function of local download of songs to be able to listen to them offline.
The first step is to enable the option Offline Music Mode, which you find in the settings of the device to be accessed by pressing the button with i three dots vertically,
The Amazon Music Unlimited app allows you to locally download discs and playlists to your mobile device but also individual songs. Once you have located the album or playlist, click on it and press the button with down arrow, under the cover. In this way you can download them on your mobile or tablet and find everything in the section Music.
For single songs, always from the app, locate the song and stop on the button with i three dots horizontally, positioned next to the title and presses on Download from the menu that appears. In this way the song will be downloaded and you can play it whenever you want by going to the section Music.
Come disdire Amazon Music Unlimited
disattivare Amazon Music Unlimited at the end of the free trial period, click on your name from the web in the toolbar on the left and choose Amazon Music Settings. Click on the option Cancel subscription next to the item Renewal subscription and confirm the deactivation of the service.
After you cancel, you can still continue to use Amazon Music Unlimited until your subscription expires.
Other useful articles
- How Amazon Prime Video works: costs and benefits
- How Amazon Prime Student works
- How Amazon Pantry Works: Costs and Benefits