La Apple has recently released the new one iOS 6.1 for its devices along with the development environment Xcode 4.6 (available via the Software update manager or via the App Store).
Among the improvements of the new iOS there are those concerning:
- a better setting in the wizard confirming theApple ID and the password for iMessage e FaceTime;
- some changes a Passport;
- several interventions to correct some Bow;
- network availability LTE, to make faster connections with your Apple device.
To download the new iOS 6.1 you need to go to your iDevice in Settings> General> Software Update or by connecting the device to the PC and proceeding with the installation of the update via iTunes.
In addition to the release of the new mobile operating system, Apple also proceeded to present some news regarding the compiler and debugger di Xcode 4.6 which includes the SDK for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lyon and iOS 6.1.
For the compiler we point out:
- support for some C ++ 11 features;
- cross-function analysis for improved C ++ and Objective-C methods
- compile-time notifications for bug detection
- support of otool to disassemble the Intel AVX instructions
For the Debugging we point out:
- ability to inspect items in the NSArray or objects NSDictionary;
- reading the metadata from the runtime Objective-C;
- support for alias a shortcut for the GNU Debugger;
- improved dependency checking (significantly reduced number of indexing passes).
Xcode, for those who don't know, is the tool with which it is possible to achieve uses to OS X e iOS. The environment requires a Mac with OS X 10.7.4 Lion or OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion and can be downloaded from the website of the Apple.
For more information, we recommend that you read:
- We make our first Web App for iPhone
- How to publish an App on the App Store