From the moment you enter your credentials to log in you realized that Windows startup is slow? Your problem is very common, but easy to solve.
First of all, you must know that starting Windows is a very delicate phase. After the login screen, many automatic start programs and the various services necessary for the proper functioning of the operating system are loaded.
If this procedure takes too many minutes, it means that some application is blocking the normal progress of the loading operations.
In fact, several applications are activated without our intervention, in order to have them ready for use; It is the case of antivirus e firewall which are activated automatically. Let's see what you need to do to solve the problem ofWindows starts slow.
The first thing to do is to remember when the PC has started to slow down so conspicuously and to evaluate the presence of particularly heavy programs in the start-up phase. It can help you do this CCleaner, a free tool downloadable from www.piriform.com.
With CCleaner you are able to view all auto-start software and disable them one by one. Go to Instruments and then in Start. Here select all unnecessary applications and press disable.
If you don't want to resort to installing CCleaner and no other software can you use the function System configuration following these steps:
- Da Home (launch bar) in Search for programs and files, write msconfig.exe.
- In the window that opens, choose the tab Start.
- You will find all the software that are activated automatically every time Windows starts.
- Uncheck the ones you don't want to start and restart your PC.
You can also decide in the General section, to select three Startup modes:
- Normal Startup, loads all device drivers and services.
- Diagonal Start, loads only basic peripherals and services.
- Selective Startup, load the chosen startup items.
The substantial difference between CCleaner and the function System configuration, is that with CCleaner as well as disabling the programs you can remove them from the startup queue. If you disable them, you can decide to restore them in the future, but if you delete them you will have to install them again.
The choice is linked according to your needs.