Smartphones with better cameras. What are the smartphone photos from leading manufacturers that can provide the best images this year. A list of smartphones with the best cameras or camera phones with which to capture the most important moments of your days and make high-quality photos and videos.
If you are out and about and want to take pictures with a smartphone, just press the shutter button and that's it. However, you must know that even if most smartphones appear to be similar to each other, in reality the difference in the photos provided by their cameras is really high.
If you want to buy a new phone and you want to know which ones are smartphones with better cameras, Then you're in the right place. Read on, I am sure that at the end of reading you will find the mobile device that suits your needs.
How to evaluate the best smartphone for photography
When taking a photo, you need to make a difference between daylight photos and low-light photos.
That's why to evaluate the best smartphone camera you have to take into account several factors, which are: the aperture, the autofocus (also called Autofocus), the flash, the optics, the sensor and megapixel resolution, the stabilizer, zoom, the presence or absence of the dual camera and software functions.
- Aperture of the Diaphragm - to understand the aperture of a camera, you have to consider the value of the f / stop. The f / stops are not just other than the relationship between the focal length of the lens and the aperture diameter of the diaphragm. The lower the f / stop value, the greater the possibility of obtaining good shots even in low light.
- Autofocus - the focusing systems are different and all valid. The best is definitely the Dual Pixel: offers a focus that takes advantage of 100% of the photodiodes.
- Flash - for low light conditions, the flash proves to be an excellent ally. In smartphone cameras we have those a LED, dual LED, Quad LED e Xenon (type of flash different from the LED and little used). There Quad LED it is definitely the most advanced technology and offers strong scene lighting and better color rendering.
- optics - the lenses of a smartphone camera must be scratch resistant and offer a sapphire crystal coating. Basically you have to orient yourself on anti-reflective lenses.
- Sensor e MegaPixel - the dimensions of the sensor are very important and are expressed in millimeters. The larger the sensor and the larger the photodiodes (devices that transform light into digital data), the more light will be captured in the shot reducing noise.
- Video resolution and framerate - The larger the resolution of the videos, the better the footage will be. The most popular resolutions are HD (1280 x 720 pixels), Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) and UltraHD / 4K (3840 x 2160 pixels). For the framerate, the higher it is, the smoother the videos will be. The most common are: 60 FPS which are used for HD and Full HD videos, slow motion is achieved with values from 120/240 FPS while videos in 4K with values at 30 FPS.
- Stabilizer - if you want to avoid blurry photos, you need to buy a smartphone with a very good one stabilizer optical (OIS) much better than the electronic stabilizer (ICE CREAM). The latter intervenes with a software, while the optical one acts directly on the camera optics to avoid the blur of the shot.
- Zoom - stands out in optical o digital. I recommend the optical one as it acts mechanically on the optics, while the second processes the image through software.
- Double Camera - some smartphones have a dual rear camera, usually one of the two is used to create black and white effects or to create photo with bokeh effect (blurred background).
Most smartphones are capable of taking pictures of acceptable quality, but only some models allow you to take really good photos. Let's see what the smartphones with better cameras.
1. Huawei P30 Pro
For true photography lovers.
Exit date: March 2019 | Camera back: 40 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP + ToF | Camera front: 32 MP | Stabilisation phase optics (OIS): yes | Opening rear camera: f/1.6, f/2.2, f/3.4 | Weight: 185 g | Sizes: 158 x 73,4 x 8,4 mm | Sizes battery: 4200 mAh.
- High quality photos even in low light
- The telephoto lens is extraordinary
- It also offers an ultra wide angle lens
- Touch detection in the camera software is sometimes not perfect
Huawei P30 Pro it was created to be the best phone with the best photographic sector on the market. It slightly exceeds the performance of Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL thanks to two factors: quality photos even in low light conditions and extraordinary periscope telephoto lens that allows you to take high quality remote zoom photographs.
L’Huawei P30 Pro has five cameras including four on the back: they are a 40 MP, a telephoto lens from 8 MP, a lens The super-wide from 20 MP it's a lente Time of Flight for depth for portrait mode photos. It also uses a RYYB sensor (Red, yellow and yellow-blue) and not an RGB sensor. You can take photos at 50 zoom and night photos without losing any detail. It is definitely the best camera smartphone on the market.
Buy on Amazon
2. Google Pixel 3 / Google Pixel 3 XL
Incredible color rendering of photos.
Exit date: November 2018 | Camera back: 12,2 MP | Camera front: 8 MP + 8 MP | Stabilisation phase optics (OIS): Yes | Rear camera opening: f/1.8 | Type of autofocus: Phase detection | Weight: 148/184 g | Sizes: 158,1 x 73,8 x 8,5 mm | Battery size: 2915/3430 mAh | Archiving: 64/128 GB.
- Best smartphone for photos
- Available in two different sizes
- Nothing wide angle
Il Google Pixel 3 it is the second best smartphone for the photographic sector currently on the market. The two Pixel 3 and Pixel 3XL models (larger display and longer battery life) have the same camera. The rear one is 12,2 MP and is able to take bright and clear photos, thanks to a user-friendly interface and artificial intelligence able to adapt not only to extended panoramas but also to portrait photos with low light. .
Behind all this we have a dedicated Pixel Visual Core processor and machine learning software. Another element is the dual front camera that allows beautiful selfies in portrait mode and blurred background.Buy on Amazon Buy on Amazon
3 Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
Large display and high-end camera.
Exit date: March 2019 | Camera back: 12 MP + 12 MP + 16 MP | Camera front: 10 MP + 8 MP | Optical stabilization (OIS): yes | Opening camera back: f/1.5, f/2.4, f/2.2 | Weight: 198 g | Sizes: 161,9 x 76,4 x 8,8 mm.
- Excellent camera even in low light conditions
- HDR video recording is missing
- Few differences from the S9
It Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, together with their younger brothers Galaxy S10 e Galaxy S10e, it offers not only an improved standard camera but also a 2x telephoto lens (not in the S10e), while on the back a 123-degree ultra-wide-angle lens.
The camera is versatile thanks to important software. Inside you can find different features and modes such as Color Point, a Life Focus (bokeh effect) mode that masks the background in grayscale, so that the subject of the photo stands out. This effect can be modified in post production and perhaps give or take away intensity.
The only flaws that can report are: an aggressive correction (smoothing) in photos with low light, this places the Samsung range mouse a step below the famous Google Pixel 3 Huawei P30 Pro.Buy on Amazon
4. Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Versatile camera smartphone.
Exit date: November 2018 | Camera back: 40 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP | Camera front: 24 MP | Optical stabilization (OIS): yes | Rear camera opening: f/1.8, f/2.2, f/2.4 | Autofocus type: phase detection | Weight: 189 g | Sizes: 157,8 x 72,3 x 8,6 mm | Battery size: 4200 mAh | Archiving: 128/256 GB.
- Ingenious three-camera setup
- True top-of-the-range specifications
- The HDR camera is not perfect
- User interface to improve
The Mate 20 Pro is certainly one of the best camera smartphones for perfect travel photos. In fact on board a wide-angle lens from 40 MP with aperture f / 1.8 and one from 8 MP with aperture f / 2.4 and a telephoto 3x with optical stabilization.
To complete this trio of cameras, one could not be missing 16MP wide-angle lens with f / 2.2 aperture. This addition makes the Mate 20 Pro truly versatile to the point of allowing it to take a greater range of photographs from complicated positions. In other words, you can get a wider shot without having to step back to capture everything.
The performance of this smartphone in low light conditions is superior to that of many other devices, especially in night mode. Also consider the camera apps that offer additional features for a unique photographic experience.Buy on Amazon
5. Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Excellent performance with shooting from a distance and in low light situations.
Exit date: August 2018 | Rear camera: 12 MP + 12 MP | Front camera: 8 MP | Stabilisation phase ottica (OIS): yes | Rear camera opening: f/1.5-f/2.4 | Autofocus type: phase detection | Weight: 201 g | Sizes: 161,9 x 76,4 x 8,8 mm | Battery size: 4000mAh | Archiving: 128/512 GB.
- Excellent camera even in low light
- HDR video recording is missing
- Compared to the S9 it has not had a great evolution.
Il Samsung Galaxy Note 9 started with the convincing camera of the Galaxy S9 More to update it with improvements. Not only can you take great photos but you will get impressive shots even in low light situations.
The camera has a feature called Scene Optimizer that can refine the level of white and colors based on different objects such as: sunset, food, birds, text and so on. Compared to the Galaxy S9 Plus, the Note 9's camera is capable of capturing more details. Furthermore, to take automatic photos remotely, you can place the device on a surface, move away and take photos using the S pen, connected to the device via bluetooth, as a shooting system.Buy on Amazon
6. iPhone XS / iPhone XS Max
Easy to use camera.
Exit dateto: September 2018 | Rear camera: 12 MP + 12 MP | Camera front: 7 MP | Optical stabilization (OIS): yes | Rear camera opening: f/1.8, f/2.4 | Autofocus type: phase detection | Weight: 177/208 g | Sizes: 143,6 x 70,9 x 7,7mm/157,5 x 77,4 x 7,7mm | Battery size: 2658/3174 mAh | Archiving: 64/256/512 GB.
- Available in two sizes
Very simple to use
The latest two Apple arrivals, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, both offer two decidedly powerful and easy-to-use rear cameras.
You will not find the many options offered by other competitors, but certainly an excellent photographic sector with significant improvements in low light shots. Both models have the same photographic compartment with the only difference in the size of the display, battery and measurements. The iPhone XS Max has a 6,5-inch display that acts as a viewfinder for shooting at a higher price than the XS. Photos can be snapped quickly and effortlessly. There is no shortage of elements that have made Apple popular in the photographic sector, and which are: portrait mode with a variety of light effects and bokeh or background blur effect.Buy on Amazon Buy on Amazon
7 Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
Still today one of the best smartphones for photography.
Exit date: March 2018 | Camera back: 12 MP + 12 MP | Camera front: 8 MP | Stabilisation phase optics (OIS): yes | Camera aperture back: f/1.5-2.4, f/2.4 | Type of autofocus: phase detection | Weight: 189g | Sizes: 158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5mm | Battery size: 3500 mAh | Archiving: 64/128/256 GB + microSD.
- Remarkable performance in low light
- Excellent mobile device
- Overrated AR emojis
Il Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus in recent years it was the best phone for photographs, today it occupies lower positions but still remains one of the best phones on everything related to a top-of-the-range smartphone.
Le two cameras on the back are both 12MP and the main sensor is very particular: has an aperture of f / 1.5 and ensures high quality performance in low light conditions. Since it is equipped with double focal aperture allows you to switch from f / 1.5 to f / 2.4.
In addition, the second camera allows you to take photos with bokeh effect (subject in the foreground and background blurred) with an app that is very easy to use and that you can set in automatic mode as and when you want.Buy on Amazon
8. Huawei P20 Pro
Smartphone for photos with great autonomy.
Exit date: April 2018 | Camera back: 40 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP | Camera front: 24 MP | Stabilisation phase optics (OIS): yes | Rear camera opening: f/1.8, f/1.6, f/2.4 | Autofocus type: phase detection and laser | Weight: 180 g | Sizes: 155 x 73,9 x 7,8mm | Sizes battery: 4000mAh | Archiving: 128 GB.
- Three-camera setup
- The 3,5mm jack and wireless charging are missing
- Unclear display
Il P20 Pro per Huawei it is definitely one of the best smartphones on the market as regards the photographic sector. It has recently been surpassed by the more modern Mate 20 Pro, but still remains a top-notch smartphone for those who love to take pictures,
Its strong point is the three cameras on the back. The total of 3 megapixel sensors is 68, to this must be added the 24 MP front camera. In addition to MPs, this smartphone offers truly great quality camera features. For the main camera there is a black and white sensor that aids in image processing. The third rear camera, on the other hand, has one 3x zoom lens ed a 8MP sensor which allows magnification without the use of digital zoom. This will ensure that you don't lose image quality every time you zoom in.Buy on Amazon
9. Samsung Galaxy S9
Amazing two aperture camera.
Exit date: March 2018 | Camera back: 12 MP | Camera front: 8 MP | Stabilisation phase ottica (OIS): yes | Opening rear camera: f/1.5-2.4 | Autofocus type: phase detection | Weight: 163 g | Sizes: 147,7 x 68,7 x 8,5 mm | Sizes battery: 3000 mAh | Archiving: 64/128/256 GB + microSD.
- Very powerful Android smartphone
- Camera that performs well in low light
- Design identical to the S8
- Some shots lack liveliness
Unlike the Google models: Pixel 3/3 XL and iPhone XS / XS Max, the Galaxy S9 does not have the same powerful photographic compartment as its big brother Galaxy S9 Plus.
The Galaxy S9 is a great product with a 12 MP rear sensor capable of ensuring high performance even in low light conditions.
The double focal aperture allows you to automatically choose between an aperture of f / 1.5 for moments of low light and f / 2.4 for bright situations. There is no lack of mode to record slow motion videos at 960 fps.Buy on Amazon
10. Sony Xperia XZ3
Best smartphone for video recording.
Exit date: October 2018 | Camera back: 19 MP | Camera front: 13 MP | Stabilisation phase ottica (OIS): yes | Rear camera opening: f/2.0 | Autofocus type: phase detection and laser | Weight: 193 g | Sizes: 158 x 73 x 9,9 mm | Battery size: 3300 mAh | Archiving: 64 GB + microSD.
- 4K HDR videos are perfect
- High-end product design and materials
- The location of the fingerprint sensor is awkward
Il Sony Xperia XZ3 is the best photographic smartphone produced to date by the Japanese giant thanks to a powerful 19 MP rear camera.
Through a simple interface it is possible to access the different modes plus those always highlighted on the screen, so as not to have to waste too much time before taking a photo shoot.
In addition to good lighting, sharp details and background blur effect, the Xperia XZ3 is capable of making impressive 4K HDR videos. Its digital stabilizer is perfect especially in good lighting conditions. Also consider that Sony, until recently, was the only manufacturer to make smartphones with slow motion video recording at 960fps in Full HD and continues to be the best as the competition is stuck at 720p.Buy on Amazon