The top of the Korean range are smartphones Samsung Galaxy S7 e Samsung Galaxy Edge S7 from today they are on sale in all technology stores but also in the rest of Europe, Australia and the USA.
The Galaxy S7 features the same stylistic features as theS6: glass body with aluminum edges, with an addition not to be underestimated, the resistance to dust and water. And not just the splashes, as it can be submerged in water up to one meter deep for about 30 minutes. More full-bodied dimensions and 15 grams more are just some of the innovations that differentiate it from the S6.
In addition to the classic version, the Galaxy S7 offers the “Edge” variant in which the display is curved at the edges. The size is 5,1 inches for the standard version and 5,5 inches for the Edge. The resolution for both is QuadHD da 2560 × 1440 pixels, which makes this Super Amoled defined and with the best smartphone display of the moment. If you want you can use the function Always On to view information on the display even when the smartphone is locked, a plus capable of avoiding battery consumption.
The best new features of the Galaxy S7 are on the inside. The processor is an octa core Exynos 8890, with four Cortex A53 cores at 1,586 GHz and four Exynos M1 cores at 2,29 GHz. The GPU is an Adreno 530, the system memory is 4 GB, while that available to store data and applications is 32. GB or 64 GB expandable up to 200 GB with a microSD card.
To avoid overheating of the mobile device chip, Samsung has integrated the liquid cooling, while for video game lovers the Game Launcher has been improved, capable of optimizing the graphic rendering according to the game, adapting those Candy Crush-type games with lower resolutions to allow battery savings.
Speaking of the battery, the Galaxy S7 uses a battery from 3.000 mAh while the Edge one from 3.600 mAh, with a capacity that allows it to be used for a whole day.
The curved display of the Edge serves several purposes: display of favorite contacts and tools, but also, in this latest version, to allow 10 shortcuts for as many apps and 10 different actions such as sending an email or creating of a note.
As for the camera, the S7 has a resolution of 12 megapixels (lower than the S6) and the use of technology Dual Pixel to have a very fast focus. With the F / 1,7 focus its performance is very high in both daylight and low light and can shoot videos up to a resolution of 2160p at 30fps.
Regarding prices, the Galaxy S7 costs 729 euros and the Galaxy S7 Edge costs 829 euros. Among the telephone operators, the first to exhibit the S7 and S7 Edge will be TIM, Wind and TRE who will offer it with the Gear VR for free.
In conclusion, the innovations introduced with the Galaxy S7 are:
- impermeability: resistance to dust and water despite the openings for earphones and charging;
- Expandability: the microSD slot returns, allowing you to expand the smartphone memory up to 200 GB.
- More performance: The new processor is a liquid-cooled octa core with a maximum frequency of 2,6 GHz and the memory is 4 GB.
- New functions for the Edge: In addition to notifications, the curved edges of the Edge are enriched with shortcuts and other functions to improve the user experience.
- Camera: fewer pixels but better quality in the shots and larger pixel dimensions.
- Liquid cooling: to dissipate the heat, a copper heatpipe system has been introduced inside which liquid flows. The system extracts heat from the SoC by cooling both the processor cores and the GPU.
The technical characteristics of the Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung presenta Samsung Galaxy S7 e Galaxy S7 Edge