Even simpler to use and with less consumption of computer resources: it is NZXT's new CAM 3.5
NZXT launches the new CAM, the utility perhaps most loved by overclockers around the world for controlling the resources of their machine. The new CAM introduces a new User Interface that makes it much easier to use its functions and, above all, the machine information more readable. The new Dashboard gives immediate access to essential information, while the functions are divided by tab. The Games page has also been improved, which allows you to control CPU and GPU temperature and at the same time monitor the FPS of individual games and the Overclocking features that allow you to push the power limits from 110% to 120% and thus support many more NVIDIA cards
Perhaps the most interesting novelty, however, is the complete rewriting of the code that has made it possible to streamline the program making it much less expensive in terms of hardware resources, with a maximum use of 1% of CPU resources and a maximum of 120 MB of RAM.
For all further information on the new CAM 3.5, please read the press release in English at the bottom.
CAM upgrades to 3.5
Better readability, lower system load… and more
Los Angeles, CA - October 3rd, 2017 - NZXT introduces a new update to CAM, the free PC monitoring software, combining better information readability and new features to optimize your daily PC experience.
“We always think of CAM as work in progress, looking for new ways to improve your ability to control and optimize your PC. Thanks to the usage metrics provided by CAM, as well as the feedback directly provided by our users, we are improving CAM to make it even easier to use and understand ”, says Johnny Hou, NZXT's founder and CEO.
Continuously working to optimize CPU and RAM load, the latest version of CAM now uses less than 1% and 120 MB respectively in most scenarios, so you can get the best gaming experience. With CAM 3.5, the entirety of the UI has been redesigned based on user feedback to increase information clarity and streamline the CAM user experience.
Main features of CAM 3.5 available at launch:
- New UI design makes CAM even easier to use
- New dashboard highlighting the essential information
- Updated navigation, each tab is organized by functionality
- New, easier to read graphs
- CPU graphs can now show up to 8 cores at a time vs. 4 before, adapting to newer CPUs
- Smaller footprint interface but with the same information and improved readability
- Updated brand identity for better consistency
- Improved Games page that now allows you to see CPU & GPU temperatures simultaneously along the FPS
- Updated games page shows more history (up to 30 games from 8 before)
- More comprehensive translation coverage
- New Drivers page that allows you to install the necessary drivers for your CAM-powered components
- Easier sync control - now you can change colors on the fly in Sync mode for certain Preset modes
- Increased GPU overclocking potential: the power limit was raised from 110% to 120% to support more NVIDIA GPUs
Additional planned features for CAM, expected to be available in late October:
- CPU overclocking: now you can overclock your Intel CPU and GPU in the same app
- Improved Game Overlay coverage: CAM will now work with games covered by EasyAntiCheat and Battleye, including many popular games such as PUBG, Rainbow Six Siege, Arma III, DayZ, H1Z1, Ark: Survival, For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, and many blackberries. The full list can be found on https://www.battleye.com and https://www.easyanticheat.net.
- Updated mobile clients (iOS and Android ™): matching the desktop CAM 3.5 experience
CAM 3.5 is available now for download on desktop by visiting our website at https://camwebapp.com/. For the mobile app, visit the App Store and Google Play Store later October.