If you have some urgent scheduled tasks to do early in the morning before you arrive at the office, you can schedule your computer to turn on at the time you want. The solution that we propose today is very simple. You will need to get into the computer's BIOS and schedule the PC to turn on. Let's see how.
Program auto power on PC from BIOS
We set the time and frequency of ignition by going to BIOS Of computer:
- We start the PC and immediately press the button F2 o F10 o Canc, in any case the BIOS access key indicated in the corners of the home screen of the computer with a message like press F2 to enter setup.
- Now go to the section "Power management”And then press Submit on the keyboard.
- In the submenu that appears, use the keyboard arrows to move to the item "Auto Power On”And then press Submit.
- Position yourself always moving with the keyboard arrows from off su Everyday (if you need to start your PC daily) or on Weekday (if you need to start your PC from Monday to Friday) and press Submit.
- Now from the voice "Auto Power On"Move to"Auto Power Time”And press Enter. Set the switch-on time and press again Submit.
- To save everything and go back to Windows, press ESC and use the arrows to move up SAVE/EXIT. Press Submit and confirm.
- If you want to return to the initial state, all you have to do is set the item "Auto Power On" on off.
Your PC does will turn on automatically on the days and times you set in the BIOS.
Keys to enter BIOS according to manufacturer
Depending on the brand of your computer, here is a list of keys to use to enter the BIOS.
- ASRock: F2 or DEL (DELETE).
- ASUS: F2 key for all computers, F2 or DEL / DEL key for motherboards.
- Acer: F2 or DEL / DEL key.
- Dell: F2 or F12 key.
- ECS: DEL or CANC key.
- Gigabyte / Aorus: F2 key or DEL / DEL key.
- HP: F10 key.
- Lenovo (consumer laptops): F2 key or Fn + F2 keys.
- Lenovo (Desktop): F1 key.
- Lenovo (ThinkPad): Enter and then F1 key.
- MSI: DEL key for motherboards and PCs,
- Microsoft Surface Tablet: Press and hold the volume up key.
- Samsung: F2 key.
- Toshiba: F2 key.
- Zotac: DEL or CANC key.