Here are the news for the adventure of the year.
Bethesda today published some new information on the next update dedicated to the world of Skyrim and on the Creation Kit, the official tool that will allow all PC version players to create custom modifications to the title.
Il Creation Kit will be available soon via the Steam portal. The company also confirms that it is working with Valve to complete the final tests before the expected publication by the end of the month.
As for the famous patch 1.4, the update is currently being tested for all three platforms. This update includes several optimization fixes for the main problems that players have reported in recent months playing the title. Bethesda hopes to finalize everything for next week, and then send the patch to the respective companies: Microsoft products e Sony for certification.
On PC, Bethesda instead intends to release a "Beta" version of the update, an additional security step offered by Steam.
Below you can find the current changelog of patch 1.4
Current list of 1.4 enhancements (for all platforms except where noted)
- Skyrim Launcher Support for Steam Workshop (PC)
- General optimization for memory usage and performance.
- Fixed an occasional issue with armor and clothing not being displayed optimally when placed on the mannequin in the player's house. (PS3)
- Improved compiler optimization settings. (PC)
- Long-term game optimization for memory and performance. (PS3)
- Memory optimization related to scripting.
- Fixed blocking issues related to route calculation and AI.
- Fixed an issue with Haemar's Shame stuck if the player has already completed "A Daedra's Best Friend".
- Fixed an occasional crash when loading saves.
- Fixed an issue where special characters were not displayed at the end of a line.
- The "Supreme Criminal" achievement / trophy is appropriately unlocked in French, German, Spanish.
- Fixed an issue with the display of Dragon Priests' masks.
- Fixed an issue with missions progressing incorrectly after reloading a save.
- Fixed issues with placing and removing books on shelves in the player's house.
- Fixed an issue with the incorrect operation of racks and plaques for weapons in the player's home if the player visits their home before purchasing any furniture or furnishings.
- Fixed an issue with the player's house in Windhelm not being cleaned.
- Fixed an issue with the attacks and absorption of the spells of the giants.
- Fixed an issue with Ash Piles not clearing up.
- Fixed an occasional issue related to an overwrite error on an existing save.
- Fixed a memory freeze issue in the containers menu.
- Fixed infinite repetition issue related to bookshelves.
- Fixed an issue where traps in Shalidor's Labyrinth did not work in the French, German, Spanish version of the game.
- Fixed an issue where the return to human state from werewolf form failed to fail.
- Bows and daggers display correctly when on weapon racks.
TROUBLESHOOTING OF MISSIONS
- The unusual gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing "Diplomatic Immunity".
- In "Security Break", the pledge of the mission is no longer necessary to have Olava the Weak read the future.
- Fixed an issue where Galmar does not correctly complete "Joining the Storm Shrouds" if "The Endless Season" is an active mission.
- Fixed an issue where starting "The Endless Season" after completing "Joining the Storm Shrouds" prevented "The Hooked Crown" from starting correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the progression of "Message to Whiterun" with "The Endless Season" still active which blocked the progression of both missions.
- In “Arniel's Quest”, fixed an issue where a mission log was triggered multiple times.
- In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment no longer disappears after the player exits the cave without taking it.
- Fixed a rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson in stealth mode made his corpse inaccessible.
- In "The White Vial", the vial no longer disappears if the player leaves the cave without retrieving it.
- “The White Vial” starts correctly if the player already has a bramble heart in inventory.
- The player no longer gets stuck in the Misty Woods after completing "A Night to Remember".
- Fixed an issue where leaving Riften during "A Dangerous Chore" prevented mission progression.
- In "The Return of Darkness", a door in the Twilight Tomb opens correctly if the player leaves the cave for an extended period of time before completing the mission.
- In "New Management", if the player leaves the Ocularium for an extended period of time after placing the Focusing Crystal and then returns, the mission proceeds correctly.
- “Onmund's Request” now starts correctly if the player has already found Enthir's staff before receiving the quest.
- Fixed an issue where Tonilia would no longer buy stolen items and would not provide Guildmaster Armor.
- "Vial to Repair" starts correctly if the player already has perennial snow and mammoth tusk in inventory.
- Finding Pantea's flute before talking to Pantea no longer prevents the related mission from updating.
- In "Sunbreaker", fixed a rare issue where a quest item incorrectly appeared on Katariah during "Ave Sithis!"
- Fixed a rare issue in "The Mind of a Madman" where the player was unable to equip the Wabbajack.
- Fixed an issue in “Shards of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon's Razor would not activate properly if the player left the cell for an extended period of time before activating it.
- "Blood and Honor" starts correctly if you have already visited and completed Driftshade and a long period of time passes before starting the mission.
- Fixed a rare issue where "Watered Drinks" did not start correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not become Thane of Riften if they first bought a house.
- Fixed an issue where killing guards in the Cidhna Mine would block the progression of "No one escapes from the Cidhna Mine".
- Fixed a number of issues related to the activation of "Blood on Ice".
- In "Blood on Ice", Calixto can now be killed if the player owns a house in Windhelm.
- In "The Cure for Madness", killing Cicero and then resurrecting him no longer prevents the mission from progressing.
- Fixed a rare issue in “To Kill an Emperor” where a non-player character would not die properly.
- Clearing Knife Point Ridge before starting “Boethiah's Champion” no longer prevents the mission from starting.