New characters and maps
It's time for expansion for Activision's futuristic action. Thanks to the second downloadable add-on content (DLC) for Transformers: the Battle for Cybertron two new characters and five maps are available.
To get this package you need 800 MS Points and 9,99 euros respectively from the Xbox Live Marketplace for the Xbox 360 version and from the Playstation Network Store for the Playstation 3 version, available from tomorrow 8 September 2010 within the usual appointment of the 'weekly update.
For the occasion we show you a gallery of images and the announcement trailer:
Below is the official press release:
NOW AVAILABLE THE NEW DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT OF TRANSFORMERS ™: THE BATTLE FOR CYBERTRON
Legnano, Milan - September 7, 2010 - The battle for CYBERTRON continues with the announcement by Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) of the new Map and Character Pack 2 di Transformers ™: The Battle for Cybertron, now available for download on Xbox 360® and tomorrow on PlayStation®3. Inspired by Hasbro's legendary TRANSFORMERS brand, the downloadable content will include 2 new playable Transformers characters and 5 brand new maps dedicated to online multiplayer modes.
The two new playable characters joining the group include ZETA PRIME and DEAD END. Players will have access to both characters within the adrenaline-pumping 4-player “Escalation” co-op mode, and will be able to select their appearance to create their own TRANSFORMERS character in traditional multiplayer modes.
In addition, 5 new multiplayer maps will expand the different battlefields where players can wage war with their friends.
- The two new Escalation Mode maps include:
- Pulse: An AUTOBOT map that allows players to sneak into DECEPTICON's huge TRYPTICON, challenging fans to explore its curvy corridors and the central energy core within it.
- Static is a map dedicated to DECEPTICON that pushes players into an infinity of enigmatic multi-level rooms with numerous pitfalls that can be used to their advantage.
- 3 new multiplayer maps which include:
- Horizon overlooks the AUTOBOT's hometown, with large open surfaces and narrow spaces for hand-to-hand combat.
- Sector is an old complex under maintenance used by the DECEPTICONS during the legendary War and allows the navigation of open vehicles, especially jets with depth missiles and long range weapons.
- Metropolis is set in space and places players directly in the middle of the bombed-out ruins of an Iacon palace. Quantities of liquid energon trickle from broken pipes and sparkling electricity crackles from numerous electrical cables.
Il Map and Characters Pack 2 di Transformers: The Battle for Cybertron is available from today on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® at the cost of 800 Microsoft Points and from tomorrow on the PlayStation®Store for PlayStation 3 at the cost of Euro 9.99.
For more information: www.TransformersGame.com.