When it comes to "seeing and hearing", (or specifically, collecting audio-visual information), our brain processes this information all at once. The artificial intelligences that until now are implemented in the graphics processors of TVs, on the other hand, analyze the information individually. But as of today, Sony has stopped being so limited.
Cognitive Processor XR it is designed to replicate the human perception of audio and video. When we watch television (but not only), the eyes make two different types of movements: the voluntary ones, which are the focus of the subject and the reflective ones, which control the environmental vision all around.
Let's take the example of being at a concert; our eyes focus on the stage, or more precisely on the singer. Everything moves around him: the members of the band, the lights and all the people around us. The voluntary movement focuses on the artist who is singing. But everything else moves and the reflective movements store this data: from the people around you in the foreground who jump, move their arms and sing, with the colors of their clothes, and the smartphone displays lit up that film the event; the movements of the lights on stage and those of the rest of the band playing.
Everything is registered by our brain, even if our attention is focused elsewhere. In the end, all this information calculated simultaneously makes us the complete scene of what we are experiencing at that moment.
The new Sony processor divides the screen into hundreds of areas, with a recognition of each single element and analyzes them in just one second, with cross-calculations in thousands of different elements that make up the image. Just like our brains do.
Bravia XR, un redefinition of the concept of TV
In normal TVs, picture elements are adjusted to the same level; in BRAVIA XR TVs, thanks to cross-analysis, each element is individually adjusted in synergy with all the others, for a natural and realistic result.
BRAVIA XR TVs work like your eyes: they detect the focal point of the scene and enhance every single element, bringing out every detail with a natural sense of depth, as in reality.
With advanced sound processing that mimics how the human ear perceives where sound is coming from, BRAVIA XR TVs transport you to the center of the action.
BRAVIA XR TVs propagate sound horizontally and vertically, offering a true multidimensional experience. Sounds are analyzed and optimized for 5.1.2 channel surround sound performance, for immersive 3D acoustics.
From March 22 there is the possibility to order one of the new models with XR processor, arriving in April. A90J and the Sony MASTER Series. The cuts are those of 55 "and 65" at the moment. The 83 ″ model will arrive later in the year.
In addition, the exclusive BRAVIA CORE service will be installed on all new BRAVIA XR models. Users will have access to a range of Sony Pictures Entertainment titles and the largest IMAX Enhanced collection. Sony's Pure Stream technology allows for quality equivalent to a 4K BluRay with lossless compression (without loss of quality) all via streaming at 80 Mbps. (Netflix travels a maximum of 15Mbps with 4K HDR video).
- Cognitive Processor XR understands human listening and viewing modes and generates a revolutionary experience that allows viewers to fully immerse themselves in their favorite content
- XR OLED Contrast adjusts brightness, accentuating light peaks and making blacks deeper, while XR Triluminos Pro expands the color palette to reproduce every slightest nuance in the way closest to reality
- The technology of 4K XR upscaling optimizes 2K signals to levels close to true 4K quality, for detailed and extraordinarily lifelike images
- Technology XR Motion Clarity controls moving images with maximum precision, to minimize blur and faithfully reproduce sequences at high speed, without penalizing brightness
- BRAVIA CORE: born from the collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE ™ is the meeting point between entertainment and technology, developed to add value and enable unique experiences with Sony quality. Pre-loaded on all new BRAVIA XR models, users have access to a selection of Sony Pictures Entertainment's latest premium and classic titles and the largest IMAX Enhanced collection. For the first time in the industry, BRAVIA CORE boasts Pure Stream technology, which allows you to achieve nearly equivalent quality to lossless UHD BD with streaming up to 80 Mbps. For more information on this collaboration, please visit: https: // www .sony.com / electronics / bravia-core
- Quick access to a wide range of content and services with Google TV
- Connectivity to most devices, including Apple AirPlay2 and HomeKit
- Compatibility with Alexa e Google Assistant
- Netflix Calibrated Mode offers studio-quality Netflix content and IMAX Enhanced delivers remastered IMAX visuals and immersive DTS audio
- Calman Ready offers advanced calibration capabilities and the ability to fine tune settings to levels simply impossible with conventional parameters
- Function compatibility HDMI 2.1, including 120 fps 4K, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and eARC
- The improved technology Acoustic Surface Audio + ensures more accurate sound positioning and cinematic surround sound, with perfect harmony between audio and video
- Support a Dolby Vision HDR and the immersive audio of Dolby Atmos transforms the entertainment experience with ultra-vivid picture quality and action-following sound
- Ambient Optimization optimizes picture and sound quality in any environment
- Il two-mode support allows you to select between two possible configurations: one designed to enhance the device, eliminating any distraction, and a raised one that allows the integration of a soundbar system under the TV
- Il One Slate minimalist design framed Seamless Edge encloses the screen in a single pane of glass, naturally elegant and suited to focus viewers' attention while eliminating distractions
- La search via speakerphone interfaces with the Google Assistant for an increasingly smart viewing experience