How many group video calls can I make with WhatsApp? In this guide I will reveal how to make group video calls on WhatsApp and how to take advantage of the different procedures on both Android and iOS.
WhatsApp, the most famous messaging app in the world, allows you not to stay in touch with the person you want by sending messages, photos, or voice notes, but also by making video calls both in groups and one to one.
How many group video calls can I make with WhatsApp?
Making WhatsApp group video calls is very simple, you just need to have the contacts saved in the phone book in order to add them at the time of the WhatsApp Group video call. Both the Android than that of iOS have the function available, while on WhatsApp Web, the computer version, is not present.
But how many Can I make group video calls with WhatsApp? Currently group video calls on WhatsApp support up to a maximum of 8 users (including the caller).
Previously the limit was 4 users, but with the release of the latest Whatsapp version, available from April 27, 2020 for iOS users and from April 28 for Android users, there has been an increase in the number of people who can take part in a video call, from 4 to 8.
For the moment you find the updated version for iOS on the App Store. While for Android, for now, you can download the APK file from the official WhatsApp site.
However, the increase in the number of video call participants will not bring WhatsApp to the same level as Skype e Zoom, which support a maximum number of participants of 50 and 100 respectively, but definitely a big step forward for the world's most popular instant messaging software.
The users you call can in turn add other participants to the conversation, as long as the limit I have already indicated is not reached.
Make sure you have a stable network connection before making or receiving video calls. The quality of video calls depends on the data rate of your network and the signal of the wireless network.
If you do not see the button through which you can add new participants to the video call, verify that WhatsApp is updated to the latest version by going to the store of your mobile device and clicking on Update, if available.
How to make group calls with WhatsApp on Android
Video calls are only available to users running Android 4.1 and later. If you are using an unsupported operating system, you will not be able to use video calls.
To make video calls with WhatsApp on Android you have two ways:
- Start a single video call and add other people right after.
- Log into a WhatsApp group and select the people you want to chat with.
Another simple procedure besides those indicated above, to make group calls on WhatsApp is:
- Go to the tab Call and plug up New call (phone icon with + symbol) e New group call. Search and select the contacts you want to add and stop on Video call (camera icon).
WhatsApp video call does not hear audio
If during the video call with WhatsApp you experience audio problems, I suggest you do a test on the microphones of your phone by checking first that the hole is not blocked. If you have an Android smartphone, follow these instructions.
- Log in to the phone application.
- Enter the code * # 0283 # as you should make a call.
- Select the item Start: RCV_1stMic / RCV Packet Loopback ON oppure Start: RCV_DualMic.
- Hold the phone to your ear and say a few words [if you hear your own voice, the microphone at the bottom works]
- Then select the item Start: SPK_2ndMic / SPK Packet Loopback ON.
- Move the phone away and say something next to the second microphone, which is the one located at the top of the phone.
- If you hear your voice [on speakerphone], the second microphone also works.
- Press the button Exit.
If during the test you have detected intermittent voice or no outgoing response, I recommend that you go to a service center.
If, on the other hand, you have passed the test but continue to have problems, I recommend that you check the permissions granted to the app for access to the microphone by going to: Settings> Applications> App name> Permissions.
To learn more, I suggest you take a look at our guide on WhatsApp video call does not hear audio.
- To avoid intermittence, remember to make group video calls on WhatsApp only if your connection is stable.
During a group video call, participants cannot be removed. Only the participant will be able to hang up.
- You cannot add a person blocked by you to a video call, but you can participate in a video call in which there is a person blocked by you because invited by other participants.
- During the video call you can disable the video, using the disable camera icon.
- The contact who added you to the video call will always be visible at the top of the list.