Famitsu has released a new interview with Tetsuya Nomura, co-director of Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade and creative director of Final Fantasy VII: First Soldier e Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis, who shared new curiosities about all three titles.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade:
- Yuffie is the only playable character in the episode dedicated to him. Sonon can fight both independently and according to Yuffie's instructions. By pressing L2, you can activate a “Connection Mode” with Sonon.
- Yuffie's episode will contain additional matter and summons.
- The idea of the developers is to create a version of the game for Playstation 5. As a result, the team is working to complete this upgrade and downloadable content is not currently being considered. Any dlc will be designed only after the release of Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade on PS5.
Final Fantasy VII: First Soldier:
- Final Fantasy VII: First Soldier is designed to attract new types of players, as well as being a contender in the battle royale genre, "the most popular genre" in the words of the developer. Many people don't know Final Fantasy VII, nor have they ever played the saga, so Nomura hopes that Final Fantasy VII: First Soldier serves to attract more players to your world.
- Per Final Fantasy VII: First Soldier new elements are in preparation to make the game stand out in the battle royale genre. Each player can set a play style, represented by the icons in the upper left of the screen. Each style has its advantages, but the details will be announced at a later date.
- A closed beta is planned for the title.
- Tetsuya Nomura is a big fan of battle royale, so he will be determined to make improvements to please the fans.
Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis:
- The chapter will be available for free. Micro-transactions come in the form of gacha weapons. Many items will be introduced that are not present in the original game, such as special weapons that also include original costume sets.
- The story of Final Fantasy VII it is divided into about ten chapters. Midgar's escape will be in Chapter 3.
- Final Fantasy VII: First Soldier is set about 30 years before the main game, during the founding of SOLDIER. It will then be possible to see the heroes during their youth, as well as the officers and characters of the Shinra who will appear in future sequels to Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- There will also be dungeons and special battles that players can face, apart from the main story.
- The game uses music based on that of the original game.
- “Of course, we've been getting requests for every title on console, then Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis it is not meant to be a substitute, but is meant to allow anyone to enter the world of Final Fatnasy VII. "
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade will be available on PS4 e PS5 from 10 June 2021. Owners of the standard version of the game on Playstation 4 will be able to upgrade to the new edition for free.