OnePlus 5 is one of the fastest Android smartphones that are very reminiscent of Apple's iPhone 7 Plus. Equipment and price are convincing as well as the elegance that has nothing to envy to other smartphones of the same level. OnePlus 5 features a precious metal case with rounded corners and antenna lines identical to that of Apple's iPhone.
Il 5,5 inches offers a Full-HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels with a density of 401 ppi and protection provided by Gorilla Glass 5. Thanks to Samsung's AMOLED technology, images offer much richer contrast and more vibrant colors. Even the internal component does not disappoint: processor Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Quad-core 2.45 GHz Kryo + Quad-core 1.9 GHz Kryo, with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB non-expandable internal memory.
On the back we find two rooms: a normal 16 MP Sony IMX 398 AF lens with EIS and f / 1.7 aperture and a 20 MP telephoto lens. 2x optical zoom and DxO algorithm give it a yield higher than expected. The front camera, on the other hand, is a 16 MP FF Sony IMX371 with EIS and f / 2.0 aperture.
In addition to the photographic sector, OnePlus has also improved the audio sector which has the audio jack.
La battery it is 3300mAh and can be quickly recharged via USB Type-C. The battery offers a consistent runtime of 11 hours and 49 minutes.
The measurements of this Chinese smartphone are: 154 x 74.1 x 7.25 mm for a weight of 153 grams. The body is in anodized aluminum with Midnight Black and Slate Gray colors, while the OxygenOS 4.5 operating system is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
On the connectivity side we are faced with the 4G LTE module, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC, Bluetooth 5 and fingerprint reader.
PRO: speed, equipment and price
AGAINST: Aesthetics shamelessly similar to the iPhone 7 Plus.
OnePlus 5 technical specifications
- 5,5-inch FullHD AMOLED screen with three color calibration options: standard, sRGB and DCIP3
- SoC Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 con CPU octa core a 2,45 GHz e GPU Adreno 540
- 6 / 8 GB of RAM LPDDR4
- 64/128 GB of internal memory of type UFS 2.1 2 LANE
- dual rear camera with a 20 megapixel telephoto sensor with f / 2.6 focal aperture and a 16 megapixel sensor with f / 1.7 focal aperture, dual LED flash and laser autofocus
- 16 megapixel front camera with f / 2.0 focal aperture
- connettività 4G/LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual band, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, dual SIM, NFC, USB Type-C e jack audio da 3,5 millimetri
- fingerprint reader integrated in the front Home button with unlocking in less than 0,2 seconds
- 3300 mAh battery with Dash Charge fast charging
- Android 7.1.1 operating system with OxygenOS interface
- dimensions: 154 x 74.1 x 7.25 mm