5.1 inch display, 16 megapixel camera, waterproof and able to detect fingerprints; are the new features of the top of the range device, the Galaxy S5, launched yesterday at MWC of Barcelona, from the South Korean company Samsung.
The President and CEO himself showed the new smartphone JK Shin which highlighted the return to the foundations of the company to focus on what interests the consumer most and to improve their everyday life.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 introduces new colors e new design: gold and electric blue colors and in the rear shell there are low-relief shoring.
The battery capacity speed andreliability of support for fast networks, the resources for the safety and camera quality.
Battery ah i 2800 mAh and is able to support every function introduced allowing you to get to the end of the day. The new feature called Ultra Power Saving Mode allows you to extend the autonomy of the terminal and when active it excludes all superfluous functions to bring the screen in black and white ensuring more than 20 hours of autonomy.
In the new Samsung there is the Wifi MiMo (802.11 / ac), twice as fast WiFi, advanced connectivity LTE (combined with the WiFi signal), the new Download Booster with 1GB download speed in just 13 seconds and a system With Health 3.0 with fitness features that help users stay fit. The tool allows you to monitor all aspects of sports life, from counting steps to measuring heartbeat.
As for security, Samsung follows in the footsteps of the iPhone by adding a fingerprint reader for locking / unlocking the terminal with the possibility of scanning even by touching the screen (Fingerprint scanner). The function private Mode improves privacy and blocks any unwanted access by protecting the many areas of the smartphone, including the image folder. The agreement with PayPal to improve and enable electronic payments through a simple swipe of the fingertip.
La 16 megapixel camera with self-timer functions introduces new features: Autofocus Smart e Selective Focus to create macros in one tap and the new HDR Rich Tone, which takes pictures with different exposure and merges them into a single shot.
The Galaxy S5 features IP67 Certification, a protection system that means the ability to resist water. Basically the terminal is anti-liquid and anti-dust.
While on the one hand new features have been added to improve aesthetics and safety, on the other hand the hardware section of the device has not been enhanced: the display resolution has remained at 1920 × 1080 pixels as well as RAM: 2GB,
Il price of the Samsung Galaxy S5 has not been revealed, it should still be around € 650 while his marketing will start after'11 April 2014.
Here are the technical features:
- Processor: Snapdragon 801 MSM8974AC quad core da 2,5 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 330 and 578 MHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Memory: 16 / 32 GB
- Expansion memory: Yes, with MicroSD up to 64GB
- Display: Super AMOLED from 5,1 inches
- Resolution: of 1080 x 1920 pixels 432 PPI
- Front camera: 2.1 MP
- Rear camera: 16 MP with UHD video recording, image stabilizer, HDR and dual LED flash
- Connectivity : WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, ANT+, NFC, IR Remote, LTE Cat. 4
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Digital compass, Barometer, Hall, RGB brightness, Gesture (IR), Fingerprint reader, Heart rate
- doors: 3,5 mm Jack Audio and USB 3.0
- Battery: 2.800 mAh
- Operating system: 4.4.2 Android KitKat
- Features o Additional functions: S Health 3.0, Quick Connect, Private Mode, Kids Mode, Certificazione IP67
- Sizes: 142 x 72,5 x 8,1 mm
- Weight: 145 g
- Materials: Polycarbonate
- Availability: Global; in gold, white, black and blue
- Launch date: 11 April