THEHTC U11 is the new top of the range of HTC with high-level technical specifications. Smartphone with Android 7.1.1 Dual Sim, in addition to an efficient photographic compartment and a refined design, it has a "squeeze" usability.
The HTC U11 is the first smartphone that allows you to activate some features simply by squeezing the sides. By pressing hard on the sides of the case, apps and functions can be activated automatically. Not only that, it is the only smartphone to have a USB-C headset paired with an extra microphone, to optimize the sound. The mobile device will adapt the audio to the ear, excluding the noises of the surrounding environment.
Il it is 5,5 inch Super LCD5 with resolution 2560 × 1440 pixels and density of 534 ppi. The processor, a Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Quad-core 2.45 GHz Kryo + Quad-core 1.9 GHz Kryo, is flanked by a 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal memory expandable via micro SD up to 256 GB. The Snapdragon 835 should be able not only to work fast but also sparingly.
As regards the photo gallery, with daylight the main 12 MP camera allows you to take great photos, revealing even better than the iPhone 7, as well as the very valid HTC U Ultra. The 16MP front camera is definitely the best lens for smartphones with sharp selfies. In low light the results are convincing by activating the LED flash. To start the camera, simply squeeze the sides of the smartphone briefly, while to store an image in the gallery, all you have to do is press further on the sides.
Battery from 3000 mAh offers a long battery life despite the device has powerful hardware, with mixed use the HTC U11 offers a battery life of 13 hours and 34 minutes. Finally, it supports UMTS / GSM networks and LTE, HSPA, UMTS, EDGE and GPRS connectivity side. It also features Bluetooth and Wifi connectivity, integrated speakerphone, MP3 player and NFC support.
Available from June 2017 In Spain, you can find it in versions with Amazing Silver, Brillant Black, Ice White, Solar Red and Sapphire Blue shell.
PRO: top camera, great audio, good battery life
AGAINST: Headphone jack and FM radio missing
HTC U11 Technical Specifications
- 5,5-inch QHD screen with Gorilla Glass 5;
- SoC Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 con CPU octa core a 2,45 GHZ e GPU Adreno 540;
- 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal memory, expandable with microSD up to 2TB;
- in some markets a variant with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of expandable internal memory will be marketed;
- 3 megapixel Ultra Pixel 12 rear camera with 1,4 micron pixels, f / 1.7 aperture, dual LED flash, optical image stabilization and 4K video recording with 3D audio (90 points on DxOMark);
- front camera from 16 megapixel;
- BoomSound HiFi audio, HTC Usonic with active noise cancellation, 3D audio recording thanks to 4 microphones;
- 4G / LTE connectivity with speeds up to 1Gbps, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, GPS;
- 3000 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging support;
- fingerprint reader integrated in the Home button;
- IP67 certification;
- Android 7.1.1 con HTC Sense;
- dimensions 153,9 x 75,9 x 7,9 mm and 169 grams of weight.